Reliable Pushback Tractors from Textron GSE
Pushback tractors offer the functionality required to efficiently and effectively move and position aircraft while at the airport. At Textron GSE, we pride ourselves on producing both conventional and towbarless pushbacks that exceed industry standards and improve operations.
The pushback process is typically the second part of a ‘Taxi in Push Out’ (TIPO) procedure at the terminal gates. Traditional pushback tugs attach to the aircraft nose landing gear with a towbar. However, an alternative towbarless tug method is growing in use. Towbarless tugs use a cradle (two low level arms on either side of the aircraft nose landing gear) to raise it slightly off the ground in order to move backward or forward.
The number of ground crew members needed to carry out a pushback varies depending on aircraft size. No matter what size crew or aircraft you are working with, Textron GSE offers a pushback tug that will fit your needs.
At Textron GSE our distinguished brands have a rich legacy of innovation, superior support and service, ensuring the world's airlines, freight carriers and airports are ready to exceed expectations. Textron GSE remains dedicated to elevating its standard of support that continues to keep the world moving.
Our ground support equipment and service solutions support your crew to make their jobs safer, simpler and more efficient. Our offerings include aircraft pushback tugs, baggage tractors, belt loaders, air starts, and more. At Textron GSE, our global network of manufacturing facilities produces world-class, reliable equipment you can trust. With Textron GSE, you have a partner for life, because we offer unmatched service to ensure your continued satisfaction.
Interested in learning more about how Textron GSE’s aircraft pushback tugs can improve your ground handling procedures? Reach out to us today for a quote.
- The TUG™ GT-35 is designed for durability and reliability. With its dependable performance, the GT-35 offers customers superior visibility and ease of operation, making it a favorite with ground crews. The TUG GT-35 is offered with a diesel powertrain and
- The TUG ALPHA 1 is the next generation of narrow-body pushbacks. Designed to maximize safety, performance, and convenience, the TUG ALPHA 1 is available in three models, lithium, diesel and the industry’s only gas model built for commercial aircraft. All
- The TUG ALPHA 3 is a high efficiency conventional tow tractor engineered especially for pushback, intergate and maintenance towing operations for aircraft weighing up to 500,000 lbs. Designed with performance, serviceability and safety in mind, the TUG AL
- The TUG ALPHA 4 is a high performance, reliable tractor built with enhanced operator ergonomics. The TUG ALPHA family was engineered utilizing common parts and easy access service areas to reduce routine maintenance costs. Simply put, the TUG ALPHA 4 was
- The TUG ALPHA 5 conventional pushback is specifically designed for pushback, inter-gate and maintenance towing operations (with a towbar) of wide-bodied aircraft, including the fully laden Airbus A380. This airplane tug is CE Certified.